Subject: [bug#55774] [PATCH] gnu: quodlibet: Add dependencies for plugins to work.

From: "Wamm K. D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 08:13:00 -0500

On Fri. (Jun 03, 2022) at 08:04:10 AM +02, Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Am Freitag, dem 03.06.2022 um 00:02 -0500 schrieb Wamm K. D:
>> * gnu/packages/music.scm (quodlibet): Add dependencies for plugins to
>> work.
> Should be ... (quodlibet)[inputs]: Add ACTUAL_INPUTS...

👍; I'll get that updated.

> YMMV, but it's better for inputs to be sorted alphabetically.  Use line
> comments to demarcate specific features, e.g. 
>   keybinder-3.0 ; keybindings outside of GNOME
>   gtksourceview ; undo, redo, multiline text fields
>   ...
> Don't forget the 79 character limit; when in doubt claim less features.
> If possible, try to line up the comments.

Fair; I'll get those updated, as well. Yeah, I was trying to weigh what
to include vs. not but, due to the installation structure of Guix, you
wouldn't be able to use these features by just installing the
dependencies (leastwise, with just a naïve straightforward install, when
I tried) so I figured they were worth including, from that perspective.

> Also, comments like "musicbrainz plugin needs python-musicbrainz" are
> not as informative as you'd think and can probably be dropped :)

Haha; fair. While I could see repeating "musicbrainz" as being
repetitive, I was figuring it's easy to lose track that the dependency
was present specifically due to a plugin, for future developers who
might work on the package, and was mostly trying to capture it was
plugin-related. Thanks for pointing it out and I'll that adjusted.

I'll try making the updates later tonight; thanks a ton.