Subject: Re: bug#55771: [Michael Welsh Duggan] bug#55771: 29.0.50; cc-mode based uninterruptible infloop

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 11:47:50 +0000

Hello, Michael.

On Sat, Jun 18, 2022 at 00:42:50 -0400, Michael Welsh Duggan wrote:
> Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]> writes:

> > Followup question: Is it a bug that there was no way to cancel this loop
> > with `C-g'?  Or was it being canceled but then immediately restarting?
> > `M-x toggle-debug-on-quit' didn't trigger, though.

> Ping?

Yes.  I had a visitor this week, so had no time for Emacs.  The cause of
the bug was a failure to check the result code from c-forward-token-2,
so I took the time to scan the rest of CC Mode for similar failures to
check that result code, also from c-backward-token-2.  There were around
20 suspicious occurrences, which took some time to check.  In the end
only one of these (in addition to the main one) needed amending.

I committed the fixes to CC Mode and to the savannah master branch this
morning, so I am closing the bug with this post.

> -- 
> Michael Welsh Duggan
> ([email-masked])

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).