Subject: bug#55763: closed (Re: bug#55763: [PATCH] Upgrade nyacc to 1.07.0)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 16:24:02 +0000

Your bug report

#55763: [PATCH] Upgrade nyacc to 1.07.0

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
55763: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=55763
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#55763: [PATCH] Upgrade nyacc to 1.07.0
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Felix Lechner <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 18:22:51 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Felix Lechner <[email-masked]> skribis:

> For my work in making PAM configurable in Guile, I rely on the foreign
> function interface (FFI). The automatic generation of that interface
> requires the compile-ffi script in nyacc. Unfortunately, the highest
> version we ship suffers from a bug that prevents the script from
> running on the pam_client.h header in linux-pam.  This patch upgrades
> nyacc to the version Matt Wette released after committing the fix.
>
> The changes are further documented in the commit message.
>
> I am new to Guix and already use the new version of linux-pam locally
> (via Guix System) but I was unable to test the patch according to the
> requirements and recommendations listed for this submission. [1]
>
> This email was sent to -devel in lieu of -mentors, which does not
> exist. Any guidance is much appreciated. Thanks for taking a look!

The patch is perfect; I only adjusted the commit log so that it follows
the ChangeLog convention, as Josselin pointed out:

  https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html

I also check that dependents, as reported by ‘guix refresh -l nyacc’,
all build fine with the new version.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

PS: guix-mentors now exists!

Subject: [PATCH] Upgrade nyacc to 1.07.0
From: Felix Lechner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 05:14:53 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Control: tags -1 + patch

Hi,

For my work in making PAM configurable in Guile, I rely on the foreign
function interface (FFI). The automatic generation of that interface
requires the compile-ffi script in nyacc. Unfortunately, the highest
version we ship suffers from a bug that prevents the script from
running on the pam_client.h header in linux-pam.  This patch upgrades
nyacc to the version Matt Wette released after committing the fix.

The changes are further documented in the commit message.

I am new to Guix and already use the new version of linux-pam locally
(via Guix System) but I was unable to test the patch according to the
requirements and recommendations listed for this submission. [1]

This email was sent to -devel in lieu of -mentors, which does not
exist. Any guidance is much appreciated. Thanks for taking a look!

KInd regards
Felix Lechner

[1] https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html