Subject: bug#55754: 28.1; rcirc-define-command interactive spec doesn't work

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2022 11:33:18 +0200

João Pedro <[email-masked]> writes:

> When using `rcirc-mode', I realized that some of the commands weren't
> working as expected. After a bit of inspection, I realized that the
> macro `rcirc-define-command' was defined in such as a way that the
> interactive spec for the functions generated by such macro always have
> the form `(list ...)'.

This was fixed in Emacs 29 by this commit:

commit 5df658a96a4bc7f8f96e3b2bf58dad32f81ce06a
Author:     Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
AuthorDate: Tue Apr 19 13:16:51 2022 +0200

    Fix handling of intspecs as string by rcirc-define-command
    
    * rcirc.el (rcirc-define-command): Check if an interactive
      specification is a string, in which case it was to be wrapped in a
      list so that the result of its interpretation is passed as the first
      argument of the command resulting from the macro expansion.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no