Subject: bug#55742: 29.0.50; Confusing "pcase" documentation on the web

From: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 17:21:54 +0200

In "The pcase macro" documentation on the web

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/pcase-Macro.html

has "_" on its own line, surrounded with whitespace.  It looks like a
dash, and in a graphical browser, one has to select it to discover the
mistake.  Could we add the word "underscore" somewhere next to it?

Rudy

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 15, x86_64-apple-darwin21.4.0, NS appkit-2113.40 Version 12.3.1 (Build 21E258))
 of 2022-05-23 built on Workstation.local
Repository revision: 5a1a67a2562fab77856b48a38d89713d7f2c96d7
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.4

Configured using:
 'configure --with-json --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  telega-root-auto-fill-mode: t
  telega-active-locations-mode: t
  telega-patrons-mode: t
  telega-mode-line-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  vertico-multiform-mode: t
  vertico-mouse-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  global-hl-todo-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  org-roam-db-autosync-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-subword-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-goto-address-mode: t
  goto-address-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/salutis/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20220527.2213/transient hides /Users/salutis/src/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow mail-extr lpr mule-diag consult-xref ert cl-print debug
backtrace ox-org rect graphviz-dot-mode tabify flyspell-correct pulse
cal-move bbdb bbdb-site timezone holidays hol-loaddefs cal-iso
geiser-mode geiser-xref geiser-guile info-look geiser-repl
geiser-compile geiser-debug geiser-image geiser-capf geiser-doc
geiser-menu geiser-edit etags fileloop xref geiser-completion
geiser-autodoc geiser-eval geiser-connection geiser-syntax geiser-log
geiser-popup view scheme tramp-cmds vterm tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat term ehelp vterm-module
term/xterm xterm avy autoload lisp-mnt mm-archive url-cache pdf-sync
pdf-annot pdf-outline pdf-links pdf-history pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs tablist tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet
pdf-isearch pdf-misc pdf-tools pdf-view pdf-cache pdf-info pdf-util
pdf-macs shortdoc emoji-labels emoji multisession sqlite telega-obsolete
telega telega-tdlib-events telega-webpage visual-fill-column
telega-match telega-root telega-info telega-chat telega-modes
telega-company telega-user telega-notifications notifications
telega-voip telega-msg telega-tme telega-sticker telega-i18n
telega-vvnote bindat telega-ffplay telega-sort telega-filter telega-ins
telega-folders telega-inline telega-util telega-media telega-tdlib
rainbow-identifiers dired-aux telega-server telega-core telega-customize
cus-edit cus-start cus-load emacsbug vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs
vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs magit-extras face-remap magit-bookmark
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff
smerge-mode diff git-commit log-edit add-log magit-core magit-autorevert
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process magit-mode transient
magit-git magit-base mhtml-mode css-mode smie color js sgml-mode
facemenu network-stream emms-player-mpd emms-url tq emms-player-simple
emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-volume
emms-volume-sndioctl emms-volume-mixerctl emms-volume-pulse
emms-volume-amixer emms-playlist-mode emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file locate emms-cache emms-info emms-later-do emms
emms-compat char-fold misearch multi-isearch epa-file pass imenu
password-store auth-source-pass with-editor server consult-vertico
consult compat-28 recentf tree-widget citar-org oc-csl citeproc
citeproc-itemgetters citeproc-biblatex citeproc-bibtex citeproc-cite
citeproc-subbibs citeproc-sort citeproc-name citeproc-formatters
citeproc-number rst citeproc-proc citeproc-disamb citeproc-itemdata
citeproc-generic-elements citeproc-macro citeproc-choose citeproc-date
citeproc-context citeproc-prange citeproc-style citeproc-locale
citeproc-term f citeproc-rt citeproc-lib citeproc-s s let-alist queue
citar parsebib citar-file preview font-latex latex latex-flymake
tex-ispell tex-style tex texmathp tex-mode cursor-sensor paredit edmacro
kmacro savehist modus-operandi-theme modus-themes orderless
vertico-multiform vertico-mouse vertico marginalia pdf-loader diff-hl
log-view pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc hl-todo corfu org-roam-migrate
org-roam-log org-roam-mode org-roam-capture org-roam-id org-roam-node
org-roam-db org-roam-utils org-roam-compat org-roam org-capture
org-attach org-id emacsql-sqlite url-http url-auth url-gw nsm emacsql
emacsql-compiler magit-section compat-27 compat-26 compat dash
finder-inf elfeed-link elfeed-show elfeed-search elfeed-csv elfeed
elfeed-curl elfeed-log xml-query bookmark pp elfeed-db elfeed-lib vc-git
vc-dispatcher org-indent image-file image-converter ffap disp-table
ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus
nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file
url-dired svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader range ol-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi notmuch notmuch-tree notmuch-jump notmuch-hello wid-edit
notmuch-show notmuch-print notmuch-crypto notmuch-mua notmuch-message
notmuch-draft notmuch-maildir-fcc notmuch-address notmuch-company
notmuch-parser notmuch-wash diff-mode coolj notmuch-query icalendar
diary-lib diary-loaddefs notmuch-tag crm notmuch-lib notmuch-version
notmuch-compat pcase hl-line message sendmail yank-media rmc ls-lisp
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils
mailheader mm-view mml-smime mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util smime gnutls puny dig mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
display-fill-column-indicator display-line-numbers fortune lingua-franca
flyspell ispell org-clock ob-sqlite ob-sql ob-java ob-shell shell ob-C
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs ob-R ob-dot ob-scheme geiser ob-latex org-habit
org-inlinetask htmlize ox-texinfo ox-md ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok
nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar org-agenda org-refile ox-html table
ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree generator cap-words
superword subword saveplace bug-reference autorevert filenotify
flymake-proc flymake project compile text-property-search delsel
goto-addr thingatpt comp comp-cstr warnings cl-extra org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex iso8601 time-date ol rx
org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs tex-site geiser-impl help-fns
radix-tree help-mode geiser-custom geiser-base ring info package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice simple cl-generic
philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face
macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2897246 409442)
 (symbols 48 68580 8)
 (strings 32 474154 32975)
 (string-bytes 1 46596264)
 (vectors 16 149892)
 (vector-slots 8 3372107 396503)
 (floats 8 49024 3720)
 (intervals 56 185022 20686)
 (buffers 992 97))

-- 
"Thinking is a momentary dismissal of irrelevancies."
-- Richard Buckminster Fuller, 1969

Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia