Subject: bug#5573: closed (Re: 23.1; Please add Injection-* headers to message-ignored-supersedes-headers)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 21:14:04 +0000

Your bug report

#5573: 23.1; Please add Injection-* headers to message-ignored-supersedes-headers

which was filed against the emacs,gnus package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
5573: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5573
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 23.1; Please add Injection-* headers to message-ignored-supersedes-headers
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
To: Teemu Likonen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 23:15:03 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Teemu Likonen <[email-masked]> writes:

> There is a news server, namely eternal.september.org, which adds
> Injection-Date and Injection-Info headers to messages. When superseding
> such message the sending fails because the server does not want user to
> fill those headers, the server wants to do it. Supersede works if user
> removes those headers manually.
>
> So, I suggest adding the headers to message-ignored-supersedes-headers
> variable like the attached patch does.

Thanks you for the patch.  I've now applied it to the development
version of Gnus.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  [email-masked] * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

Subject: 23.1; Please add Injection-* headers to message-ignored-supersedes-headers
From: Teemu Likonen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:46:06 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This report is about Gnus and file lisp/gnus/message.el in particular.

There is a news server, namely eternal.september.org, which adds
Injection-Date and Injection-Info headers to messages. When superseding
such message the sending fails because the server does not want user to
fill those headers, the server wants to do it. Supersede works if user
removes those headers manually.

So, I suggest adding the headers to message-ignored-supersedes-headers
variable like the attached patch does.

diff --git i/lisp/gnus/message.el w/lisp/gnus/message.el
index 7194813..8992cef 100644
--- i/lisp/gnus/message.el
+++ w/lisp/gnus/message.el
@@ -276,7 +276,7 @@ included.  Organization and User-Agent are optional."
   :link '(custom-manual "(message)Mail Headers")
   :type 'regexp)
 
-(defcustom message-ignored-supersedes-headers "^Path:\\|^Date\\|^NNTP-Posting-Host:\\|^Xref:\\|^Lines:\\|^Received:\\|^X-From-Line:\\|^X-Trace:\\|^X-ID:\\|^X-Complaints-To:\\|Return-Path:\\|^Supersedes:\\|^NNTP-Posting-Date:\\|^X-Trace:\\|^X-Complaints-To:\\|^Cancel-Lock:\\|^Cancel-Key:\\|^X-Hashcash:\\|^X-Payment:\\|^Approved:"
+(defcustom message-ignored-supersedes-headers "^Path:\\|^Date\\|^NNTP-Posting-Host:\\|^Xref:\\|^Lines:\\|^Received:\\|^X-From-Line:\\|^X-Trace:\\|^X-ID:\\|^X-Complaints-To:\\|Return-Path:\\|^Supersedes:\\|^NNTP-Posting-Date:\\|^X-Trace:\\|^X-Complaints-To:\\|^Cancel-Lock:\\|^Cancel-Key:\\|^X-Hashcash:\\|^X-Payment:\\|^Approved:\\|^Injection-Date:\\|^Injection-Info:"
   "*Header lines matching this regexp will be deleted before posting.
 It's best to delete old Path and Date headers before posting to avoid
 any confusion."