Subject: Re: bug#55709: R texinfo documents are not showing up for me

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 00:37:32 +0200

Hi,

Kyle Andrews <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I see that R provides a lot of texinfo documentation, but none of it is
> showing up for me in 'Emacs M-x info' or by typing 'info R'. Is this
> just my setup problem or is it a wider phenomenon?

The following Info files are provided by ‘r-minimal’:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ find -L $(guix build r-minimal) -name \*.info\* 
/gnu/store/jwr3aajwjxwv3swdwbdxzh8ccn3mdlvz-r-minimal-4.2.0/share/info/R-exts.info-1.gz
/gnu/store/jwr3aajwjxwv3swdwbdxzh8ccn3mdlvz-r-minimal-4.2.0/share/info/R-admin.info.gz
/gnu/store/jwr3aajwjxwv3swdwbdxzh8ccn3mdlvz-r-minimal-4.2.0/share/info/R-data.info.gz
/gnu/store/jwr3aajwjxwv3swdwbdxzh8ccn3mdlvz-r-minimal-4.2.0/share/info/R-lang.info.gz
/gnu/store/jwr3aajwjxwv3swdwbdxzh8ccn3mdlvz-r-minimal-4.2.0/share/info/R-intro.info.gz
/gnu/store/jwr3aajwjxwv3swdwbdxzh8ccn3mdlvz-r-minimal-4.2.0/share/info/R-exts.info-3.gz
/gnu/store/jwr3aajwjxwv3swdwbdxzh8ccn3mdlvz-r-minimal-4.2.0/share/info/R-exts.info.gz
/gnu/store/jwr3aajwjxwv3swdwbdxzh8ccn3mdlvz-r-minimal-4.2.0/share/info/R-exts.info-2.gz
/gnu/store/jwr3aajwjxwv3swdwbdxzh8ccn3mdlvz-r-minimal-4.2.0/share/info/R-ints.info.gz
/gnu/store/jwr3aajwjxwv3swdwbdxzh8ccn3mdlvz-r-minimal-4.2.0/share/info/R-FAQ.info.gz
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

This package is propagated by ‘r’.  Thus, you can access these manuals
for instance with:

  guix shell r info-reader -- info R-intro

You can replace ‘info-reader’ by ‘emacs’; the key here is that this sets
the ‘INFOPATH’ environment variable.

Does it work for you?

HTH,
Ludo’.