Subject: Re: bug#55704: 29.0.50; Wishlist: Add a command to use XKB "Compose" sequences in Emacs

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 19:42:12 +0530

[ஞாயிறு மே 29, 2022] Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> This spins out of bug#43866.
>
> Juri posted the code below, and Eli then made the point that we should
> pre-generate this data from the two files that are being parsed.
>
> I think that sounds like a good idea (i.e., we'd include the two files
> and then have a Lisp snippet that transforms it into an .el file, as we
> do with other similar data files).
>
> And I think using `C-+' sounds fine, too.
>

If I'm not mistaken, isn't this already done by the compose input
method?  The commentary says,

    ;;; Commentary:

    ;; This input method supports the same key sequences as defined by the
    ;; standard X Multi_key: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compose_key

    ;; You can enable this input method transiently with `C-u C-x \ compose RET'.
    ;; Then typing `C-x \' will enable this input method temporarily, and
    ;; after typing a key sequence it will be disabled.  So typing
    ;; e.g. `C-x \ E =' will insert the Euro sign character, and disable
    ;; this input method automatically afterwards.

>[...]