Subject: Re: [PATCH] Ignore temporary files created my macOS

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 23:09:01 +0200

Am Donnerstag, dem 26.05.2022 um 23:24 +0300 schrieb Pavel Shlyak:
> I hope so!
> 
> > 26 мая 2022 г., в 22:33, Liliana Marie Prikler
> > <[email-masked]> написал(а):
> > 
> > Am Donnerstag, dem 26.05.2022 um 20:34 +0300 schrieb Pavel Shlyak:
> > > Check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.DS_Store and
> > > https://stackoverflow.com/questions/107701/how-can-i-remove-ds-store-files-from-a-git-repository
> > >  for more details
> > Is there a realistic chance that anyone working on Guix will ever
> > commit this to upstream?  Note that you can set up a global
> > gitignore, e.g. under $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/git/ignore on Linux distros
> > such as Guix System.
Pardon my lack of clarity.  By "this" I meant a file that's exclusively
produced by a proprietary operating system for no good reason (the
.DS_Store).  I don't think any of our committers run a risk of
accidentally pushing it, do they?