Subject: Re: [bug#55662] [PATCH] Ignore temporary files created my macOS

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 23:07:01 +0200

Liliana Marie Prikler schreef op do 26-05-2022 om 21:33 [+0200]:
> Am Donnerstag, dem 26.05.2022 um 20:34 +0300 schrieb Pavel Shlyak:
> > Check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.DS_Store and
> > https://stackoverflow.com/questions/107701/how-can-i-remove-ds-store-files-from-a-git-repository
> >  for more details
> Is there a realistic chance that anyone working on Guix will ever
> commit this to upstream?  Note that you can set up a global gitignore,
> e.g. under $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/git/ignore on Linux distros such as Guix
> System.
> 
> Cheers

Can be useful if someone wants to port Guix to Apple systems -- a huge
effort I'd think, but why not?  Or if someone edits Guix on an Apple
system (maybe documentation, which doesn't require actually building
Guix) and pulls it from a VM to test it inside the VM (writing
modifications outside the VM, running the result inside).

Greetings,
Maxime.