Subject: Re: libgccjit is unusable

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 23:31:40 +0200

Am Freitag, dem 05.08.2022 um 20:01 +0000 schrieb John Kehayias:
> Hi,
> 
> Looks like the code you sent got line wrapped and I couldn't easily
> untangle it. The difference that pops out to me is how you are
> locating the lib/gcc directory, is it maybe picking up from the build
> system rather than libgccjit? (though I think gcc:lib should be the
> same here, but not gcc-toolchain)
No: /gnu/store/640hfpr069hvqv9gcs0ayq0is21zfii6-libgccjit-
10.3.0/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/10.3.0

> In any event, I just want to reiterate that the libgccjit and emacs-
> native-comp from Andrew's channel does indeed work: it compiles,
> runs, and does native compilations successfully. So hopefully we've
> narrowed down now that there is some difference in the code you tried
> and from Andrew's that is leading to different behavior.
The style changes are not the only thing at play here, though.  In
particular, I am trying to build Emacs 28.1, whereas Andrew builds
other versions, though notably the newest one ought to include the
smoke test.  You could also try other combinations for libgccjit and
gcc to see if those make a difference – last time I tried it did not.

Attached the definitions as a file this time.

Cheers