Subject: Re: bug#55647: Emacs manual - Change references to "global-set-key" to "keymap-global-set"

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 08:32:53 +0300

> Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 18:16:23 -0500
> From: dhanvanthri <[email-masked]>
> 
> Hey there,
>      The documentation for global-set-key mentions that it's been 
> deprecated in favour of keymap-global-set, however the manual still 
> contains references to global-set-key.

Thank you for your report.

I see only one reference to global-set-key, and that's to the command
global-set-key, in the ELisp reference manual.  Do you see more
references?

>      I was not able to find a way to make the changes and submit them, 
> and I'm sure there are more references to it than just inside the 
> rebinding keys documentation.
>      If someone could show me how, I will make the edits myself and 
> submit them, else I would really appreciate if someone could do so.

You should edit the corresponding *.texi files, and submit the
differences, preferably in the format of "git format-patch", or in the
format of "diff -u OLD NEW".

Thanks.