Subject: Re: bug#55632: [PATCH] Add new user option project-vc-find-tracked-only

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 01:49:08 +0300

On 30.05.2022 14:00, [email-masked] wrote:
> Thank you for the review. I addressed your comments in the new version 
> of the patch.

Thanks.

One last thing here. The manual addition says:

+Also, some VC back-ends consider ``untracked'' files by default.
+That behavior is controllable with the variable
+@code{project-vc-include-untracked}.

Should that say "some Project back-ends ..."? Or better yet, "the VC 
Project back-end". Because that's the only one in the core that has any 
notion of "untracked files".

And that behavior is so for all VC backends, with Git and Hg simply 
having custom file listing code (for better performance). The rest 
delegate to 'find', only picking up the list of ignores (like bzrignore, 
svnignore, etc).

Consequently, the new variable will only affect the VC Project backend's 
behavior only with Hg and Git.