Subject: Re: bug#55625: GNOME: totem controls not accessible

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 21:28:04 +0200

Roman Riabenko schreef op za 28-05-2022 om 22:15 [+0300]:
> > (totem:147294): Totem-WARNING **: 16:32:42.898: Failed to acquire
> > screensaver proxy: Failed to execute child process ?dbus-launch?
> (No
> > such file or directory)
> > 
> > ^^^ file names needing a substitute*
> 
> I do not see this when I start totem from terminal. Maybe that is
> because I am using GNOME. I mean that I have the system configured
> with (service gnome-desktop-service-type) and totem is installed as a
> system application.

Probably the reason is that I am doing things in a ‘pure’ environment
here:

$ guix shell --pure totem -- totem a-file.mp4

In a ‘pure’ environment, various environment variables are unset, which
avoids interference with other installed applications, which can be
usefel for debugging.  If you try "guix shell --pure totem -- totem",
you'll probably at least see the logo warning.

I don't expect it to be related to the issue you originally reported
though.

Greetings,
Maxime.