Subject: bug#55625: GNOME: totem controls not accessible

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 18:29:18 +0200

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice schreef op za 28-05-2022 om 15:35 [+0000]:
> 'Accessible' just means 'available' (toeganklijk, same problem though).    
> 
> It does not generally imply  'accesibility' as used in various fields of engineering, although of course we're biased to read it so.
> 
> Anyway, Maxime: do the buttons work for you once the codec's fixed?  My computer seems to have frozen whilst building them.

Pressing the ‘pause’ buttons turns it into ‘play’ button and the other
way around.

The next chapter/movie button doesn't work, but the file that is
playing doesn't have any chapters, so not surprising.  OTOH, there is
another .mp4 in the same directory.

The previous/next chapter are ‘accessible’ in the sense that they are
visible, the cursor could be moved on top of them and moving the cursor
above them displays a tiny popup, but they are unclickable.

I don't know what exactly was meant by accessibility (the existence of
the buttons or the pressability?) in the bug report.

There is some weirdness though:

  * no sound (though that might be a problem in the played mp4 itself,
    there were some recording problems)
  * The pause/play button don't seem to have any effect apart from
    toggling what the button looks like -- the played mp4 remains
    frozen.

Greetings,
Maxime.