Subject: [bug#55612] [PATCH 0/2] Update guile-hall to 0.4.1.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 23:23:47 +0200

Hi,

Taiju HIGASHI <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Thanks for your reply.
> I see. So separating the packages doesn't solve anything because of the
> conflicts that occur?
> I'll see if I can fix gwl to solve this.

Indeed, I get this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix build gwl --with-latest=guile-config
guix build: warning: cannot authenticate source of 'guile-config', version 0.5.1
updating checkout of 'https://gitlab.com/a-sassmannshausen/guile-config'...
retrieved commit 6a00702d044663fef6d6d619f4aeb75417e1b10b
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://guix.bordeaux.inria.fr'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
  /gnu/store/9xnjw36mzhshqh3x7vmwi6q45v10i7rc-gwl-0.4.0.drv
  /gnu/store/0mwhz53h7whs3nahiv6d8drclqajz282-guile-config-0.5.1.drv
  /gnu/store/z9vkfyxlsnh1v2v4mmbdymxwza1dwmd3-guile-config-0.5.1-checkout.drv

[…]

starting phase `build'
  GEN      guix/extensions/workflow.scm
mv -f "guix/extensions/workflow.scm-t" "guix/extensions/workflow.scm"
  GEN      gwl/config.go
ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
Syntax error:
gwl/config.scm:66:8: argument: extraneous field initializers (optional?) in form (argument (name (quote file)) (optional? #f) (test file-exists?) (handler identity) (example "/path/to/my-workflow.w"))
make: *** [Makefile:1574: gwl/config.go] Error 1
error: in phase 'build': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program: "make" arguments: ("GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0") exit-status: 2 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f> 
phase `build' failed after 0.3 seconds
command "make" "GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0" failed with status 2
builder for `/gnu/store/9xnjw36mzhshqh3x7vmwi6q45v10i7rc-gwl-0.4.0.drv' failed with exit code 1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

How about one of these two options:

  1. Provide both versions of guile-config, use the old one in GWL, at
     the risk of preventing installation of guile-hall + gwl in the same
     profile (which is probably not much of a problem in practice).

  2. Patch GWL so it works with the latest guile-config.

That should unblock the situation.  WDYT?

Thanks,
Ludo’.