Subject: bug#5561: Problem in gud mode and autocompletion

From: harold magniez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 14:53:10 +0100

-Launch gdb : M-x gdb
=>We are in gud mode
-Start to write a command in gdb and do a TAB
=>Emacs is blocked, we have the mouse pointer showing emacs is working
We can quit this state by C-g

It is a regression, it is working with
"This is GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
 of 2008-05-03 on terranova, modified by Ubuntu"

In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
 of 2009-11-29 on seaborgium, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10400090
configured using `configure  '--build=i486-linux-gnu' 
'--host=i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' 
'--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' 
'--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes' 
'--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs23:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.1/leim' 
'--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' 
'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 
'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g' 'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  ecb-minor-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> M-x g d g <backspace> b <return> <home>
C-k g d b <return> s o u r <tab> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <about-gnu-project>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu>
<about-emacs> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> <down-mouse-4>
<mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> M-x g d b <return> <return> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> c d
SPC <tab> =e9 <backspace> ~ / c i b <tab> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu>
<about-emacs> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <help-echo> <drag-mouse-1> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x e m a c s <kp-subtract>
v <tab> <return> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
M-x r e p o r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Note: file is write protected
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
Mark set [368 times]
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set [353 times]
gdb: Multiple debugging requires restarting in text command mode
Quit [2 times]
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) of 2009-11-29 
on seaborgium, modified by Debian