Subject: [bug#55606] [PATCH 2/2] gnu: Add hare.

From: Antero Mejr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 10:07:28 -0400

"(" <[email-masked]> writes:

> There are a few compilers where intermediate build programs aren't
> included in propagated-inputs:
>
> + neither ldc nor zig include ld or as (nor the llvm equivalents)
> + neither nim nor ghc include gcc
>
> I think it should be fine.

If harec/qbe are not installed, hare raises an error saying that it
cannot find the program, so users will know to install it. So yes it
should be fine, I moved those programs into native-inputs.

If we moved qbe/harec to inputs, we could patch os::tryenv in
schedule.ha to resolve to the guix path. That way the user gets a
working toolchain by default, but they could still swap in different
versions of qbe/harec using the QBE/HAREC environment variables.
Let me know if that would be preferred over leaving qbe/harec in
native-inputs.

Thanks,
Antero