Subject: [bug#55606] [PATCH 2/2] gnu: Add hare.

From: Antero Mejr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 10:00:28 -0400

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

>> +                     (string-append "HAREC=" #$harec "/bin/harec")
> Should have a (this-package-input) or (this-package-native-input) for
> harec.  If it's the latter, (which "harec") might also be acceptable.

Done.

>> +                     (string-append "QBE=" #$qbe "/bin/qbe")
> As with harec.

Done.

>> +                     (string-append "SCDOC=" #$scdoc "/bin/scdoc")
> As with harec.

Done.

>> +                     "HARECACHE=.cache"
>> +                     "BINOUT=.bin")
> I suppose neither of those ought to be installed?

Right, they're temp dirs. I checked the build output and made sure they
are not included.

>> +                 (delete 'configure))))
> Why delete configure here, but not in harec?  I'm pretty sure we can
> use the same hack for both packages.

hare doesn't have a configure, so we have to set the flags for the
build manually. harec does have a configure that correctly sets many
of the build flags, so I used it.

Thanks,
Antero