Subject: [bug#55606] [PATCH 2/2] gnu: Add hare.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 19:07:21 +0200

Antero Mejr via Guix-patches via schreef op ma 23-05-2022 om 21:21 [-
0400]:
> +       `(#:make-flags
> +         (list (string-append "DESTDIR=" (assoc-ref %outputs "out"))
> +               "BINDIR=/bin"
> +               "MANDIR=/share/man"
> +               "SRCDIR=/src"
> +               "LOCALSRCDIR=/src/hare"

See previous message about G-exp and DESTDIR.

+               (string-append "HAREPATH="
+                              (assoc-ref %outputs "out")
+                              "/src/hare/stdlib:"
+                              (assoc-ref %outputs "out")

Likewise, (assoc-ref ... "out") -> #$output

+               (string-append "HAREC="
+                              (string-append (assoc-ref %build-inputs
"harec")
+                                             "/bin/harec"))

Likewise about input labels, though in this case search-input-file.
Or (file-append #$(this-package-input "harec") "/bin/harec").

+               (string-append "AS="
+                              (string-append (assoc-ref %build-inputs
"binutils")

IIRC %build-inputs does not exist when cross-compiling, try "guix build
--target=aarch64-linux-gnu hare".  Also, it is ambigious if you meant
inputs or native-inptus here.  You might need %build-target-input or
one of those instead.  They are undocumented though, so maybe better
use this-package-{native,}-input.  Those don't support implicit inputs
though, so you may need to add the gcc manually (maybe look at (guix
build-system gnu) for how).

> +               "HARECACHE=.cache")

Is this used for building the hare compiler itself or for building hare
libraries and applications?

Greetings,
Maxime.