Subject: Re: bug#5560: 23.1.92; parens matching in c-mode broken

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 10:51:04 +0000

Hello, John.

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 03:21:52PM -0800, John Wiegley wrote:
> >>>>> David Reitter <[email-masked]> writes:

> > I think the question is whether that fix is appropriate for the 25.1
> > release. If you want to apply it there, I would probably test a whole lot of
> > cases in modes that are derivates of c-mode.

> Does this change past behavior? We still have room for fixes in 25.1, but if
> it changes past behavior it will need sufficient testing.

The fix doesn't change past behaviour, beyond fixing the actual bug.
What is amazing is that on doing a triple click with mouse-1 on such an
unmatched paren, an error is signaled after the second click, but Emacs
then goes on to mark the line correctly after the third click.

> -- 
> John Wiegley                  GPG fingerprint = 4710 CF98 AF9B 327B B80F
> http://newartisans.com                          60E1 46C4 BD1A 7AC1 4BA2

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).