Subject: Re: bug#5558: 23.1.92; sending an email takes much long then previous emacs version

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:59:10 -0500

[ Please keep 5558 in the cc ]

Warren Dodge wrote:

> emacs-22.3 -Q
> c-x m
> -h v send-mail-function
>
> send-mail-function is a variable defined in `.../emacs-22.3/share/emacs/22.3/lisp/mail/sendmail.elc'.
> Its value is sendmail-send-it

I wasn't asking about the -Q value, I was asking if you had customized
it (eg to smtpmail-send-it). If so, try using that value for message.
If you haven't customized it, this is not relevant.

Did this problem also occur in 23.1, or is it new in 23.1.92?

If it occurs in 23.1, does it make a difference to set
mail-interactive to nil?

If new in 23.1.92, does it make a difference to set
message-interactive to nil?

If new in 23.1.92, is it still slow if you

(setq mail-user-agent 'sendmail-user-agent)