Subject: [PATCH] Fix submit-emacs-patch

From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 08:40:53 +0200

Tags: patch

Hi,

submit-emacs-patch creates a new message and immediately inserts new
lines without first moving the point to the message body.  This doesn't
work with notmuch (and its notmuch-user-agent symbol) because the point
starts in the headers and nothing in Emacs specifies that the mua should
move point to the body automatically.

* lisp/mail/emacsbug.el (submit-emacs-patch): Make sure point is in
the body before inserting new lines.

Best

-- 
Damien Cassou

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill
>From ad98101fce092b8f0f02c2a3eabdea41d833441d Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 08:32:38 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Fix submit-emacs-patch

submit-emacs-patch creates a new message and immediately inserts new
lines without first moving the point to the message body.  This
doesn't work with notmuch (and its notmuch-user-agent symbol) because
the point starts in the headers and nothing in Emacs specifies that
the mua should move point to the body automatically.

* lisp/mail/emacsbug.el (submit-emacs-patch): Make sure point is in
the body before inserting new lines.
---
 lisp/mail/emacsbug.el | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/lisp/mail/emacsbug.el b/lisp/mail/emacsbug.el
index 8cb4a00009..df2b7a7453 100644
--- a/lisp/mail/emacsbug.el
+++ b/lisp/mail/emacsbug.el
@@ -516,6 +516,7 @@ submit-emacs-patch
     (view-mode 1)
     (button-mode 1))
   (message-mail-other-window report-emacs-bug-address subject)
+  (message-goto-body)
   (insert "\n\n\n")
   (emacs-bug--system-description)
   (mml-attach-file file "text/patch" nil "attachment")
-- 
2.36.0