Subject: bug#5557: <left-margin> <double-wheel-down> is undefined

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2019 17:36:49 +0200

Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is rather inconvenient. I would expect the default binding for
> double-wheel-down the left and right margin to be the same as in the
> text part of the buffer. (Ie I would expect it to be bound to
> mwheel-scroll.)
>
> Is there any reason not to bind it in the margins by default?

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately didn't get any
response at the time.)

I'm not quite sure what's being referred to here.  Emacs has a fringe
area, and there a "margin" concept in the indentation functions, but is
there also a "margin" concept in windows?

Hm...  I see there's a `window-margins' function.  How does one give
margins to a window, I wonder?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no