Subject: bug#55567: 29.0.50; tramp-sh and `apropos-value' bug

From: Emanuel Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 00:55:28 +0200

$ emacs -Q
(require 'tramp-sh)
(apropos-value "70")

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-05-21 built on ebc
Repository revision: a8c3e8e2a6efa77b38110a9c1fee1ece8d8da4d5
Repository branch: master
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=no --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS
HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2
M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY OLDXMENU PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF X11 XDBE XIM XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  cursor-sensor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-log-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: linux
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/incal/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.26.1/slime-tests hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/slime-2.26.1/slime-tests
/home/incal/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.26.1/slime hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/slime-2.26.1/slime
/home/incal/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.26.1/slime-autoloads hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/slime-2.26.1/slime-autoloads
/home/incal/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.26.1/slime-tests hides /home/incal/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-20220302.1215/slime-tests
/home/incal/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.26.1/slime hides /home/incal/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-20220302.1215/slime
/home/incal/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.26.1/slime-autoloads hides /home/incal/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-20220302.1215/slime-autoloads
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/slime-2.26.1/slime-pkg hides /home/incal/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-20220302.1215/slime-pkg
~/.emacs.d//emacs-init/misc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/misc
~/.emacs.d//lisp/abbrev hides /usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/abbrev

Features:
(shadow emacsbug help-fns radix-tree erc-list erc-menu
erc-track erc-netsplit gnus-draft canlock mule-util mail-extr
gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-dup gnus-ml disp-table nnfolder
cursor-sensor pop3 utf-7 nndraft nnmh nnml gnutls
network-stream nsm gnus-agent nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache tabify
term/linux w3m-unisearch w3m-incal w3m-session slime-fancy
slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu
slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands
slime-autodoc slime-banner slime-repl elp slime-parse slime
comp comp-cstr cl-extra cus-edit cus-load gud etags fileloop
generator xref project arc-mode archive-mode hyperspec cl
checkdoc lisp-mnt lisp-incal ielm nroff-mode mhtml-mode js
elide-head compile-incal cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs summary
message-incal moggle mail-to-many gnus-server smtpmail
sendmail article w3m-download w3m-search w3m-bookmark-more
w3m-tabs erc-connect bibtex-next-volume bibtex-incal
bibtex-field bibtex-book bibtex-autokey-insert yank xsel
wrap-search spell ispell sort-incal sort revert-buffer lpr
piles inf-lisp w3m-bookmark t-mouse man-incal tex-mode
mode-line kill keys iterate-files issn-verify isbn-verify
help-incal debug backtrace help-mode apropos fill-incal
w3m-form sh-script executable org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex ol
org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs markdown-mode noutline outline
easy-mmode man gnus-cite gcode-mode erc-match css-mode smie
sgml-mode facemenu imenu eww xdg url-queue mm-url color
compile apt-sources-list epwgen em-hist em-pred esh-mode quit
gnus-incal group group-summary gnus-srvr erc-incal warnings
erc-spell erc-ring erc-pcomplete erc-log erc-kill erc-join
erc-networks erc-iterate erc-scroll erc-element erc-button
erc-fill erc-stamp erc-goodies erc erc-backend pp erc-loaddefs
gnus-score score-mode gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win message yank-media rmc puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus nnheader gnus-util
text-property-search mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr eshell
esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module
esh-groups esh-util edit tabs dired-incal w3m-url w3m doc-view
jka-compr image-mode exif timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb
bookmark-w3m w3m-ems wid-edit w3m-favicon w3m-image tab-line
w3m-proc w3m-util thingatpt time-incal time-insert file tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat
shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time iso8601
time-date ls-lisp format-spec sudo-user-path find-command
file-write-to window-incal get-search-string dired-aux
search-regexp-in-files count caps-back buffer-menu
switch-to-buffer switch-to-buffer-regexp super scroll dired
dired-loaddefs close buc align-from-left align-incal string
abc rx slime-autoloads info w3m-load package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl
tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded
nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 609871 43962)
 (symbols 48 39558 14)
 (strings 32 145195 8844)
 (string-bytes 1 4554521)
 (vectors 16 60331)
 (vector-slots 8 1078363 87902)
 (floats 8 530 428)
 (intervals 56 2947 1013)
 (buffers 992 38))

-- 
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal