Subject: 28.1; Tramp prompting for password even with an existing .authinfo.gpg file

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 07:31:29 +0000

This is not happening up to Emacs-28.1, this starts happening recently
from emacs-29+.
It asks also to save password in authinfo file when entering password.
Really annoying.
Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, Motif Version 2.3.8, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-04-20 built on IPad-S340
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: Linux Mint 20.3

Configured using:
 'configure CFLAGS=-O8 --with-mailutils --with-cairo --without-dbus
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings --with-x-toolkit=motif'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE
XIM XPM MOTIF ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell-script

Minor modes in effect:
  sh-electric-here-document-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  psession-savehist-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  git-gutter-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  helm-epa-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
  helm-ff-icon-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-popup-tip-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow epa-mail face-remap emacsbug helm-command addressbook-bookmark
mu4e-config org-mu4e mu4e-contrib mu4e-patch mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-view
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win mu4e-main mu4e-headers
mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions smtpmail sendmail mu4e-search
mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark mu4e-message shr kinsoku svg
flow-fill hl-line mu4e-contacts mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-server
mu4e-context mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers ido mu4e-meta image-file
image-converter tramp-cache epa-file char-fold tramp-archive tramp-gvfs
dbus make-mode markdown-mode flymake-proc flymake project warnings
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs vc-filewise vc-rcs conf-mode ledger-config ledger-mode
ledger-check ledger-texi ledger-test ledger-sort ledger-report
ledger-reconcile ledger-occur ledger-fonts ledger-fontify ledger-state
ledger-complete ledger-schedule ledger-init ledger-xact ledger-post
ledger-exec ledger-navigate eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc
esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util ledger-context
ledger-commodities ledger-regex jka-compr bug-reference sh-script smie
executable naquadah-theme solar cal-dst holidays hol-loaddefs tv-utils
osm dom yaml-mode undo-tree diff queue rainbow-mode color psession
frameset log-view pcvs-util pcmpl-git cl-indent ffap thingatpt
autocrypt-message message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
autocrypt-gnus gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047
rfc2045 mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr autocrypt-mu4e autocrypt
ietf-drums config-w3m git-gutter mule-util appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
gud pcomplete-extension pcmpl-unix pcmpl-gnu iterator pcase wdired
dired-extension org-config ob-gnuplot org-crypt net-utils time winner
autotest-mode autoconf-mode woman man ediff ediff-merg ediff-mult
ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util init-helm
helm-ls-git vc-git diff-mode vc vc-dispatcher helm-fd epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config helm-epa helm-imenu imenu helm-elisp-package
helm-find helm-org org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex ol rx org-keys oc org-compat
advice org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
helm-external isearch-light helm-descbinds helm-wikipedia all-the-icons
all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons data-octicons
data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons cus-edit wid-edit
helm-ipython helm-elisp helm-eval edebug backtrace find-func python
tramp-sh helm-bookmark helm-net xml helm-info bookmark pp helm-adaptive
helm-mode helm-misc helm-files image-dired image-mode exif filenotify
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat
shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp helm-buffers
helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate helm-grep wgrep-helm wgrep grep compile
text-property-search comint ansi-color ring helm-regexp format-spec
helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm-extensions-autoloads helm-config
helm-autoloads helm helm-core async-bytecomp helm-global-bindings
helm-easymenu helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib dired-async
dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs async popup diminish cl-extra help-mode
mb-depth server edmacro kmacro avoid cus-load use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core info w3m-load
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
font-render-setting cairo motif x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 577245 218966)
 (symbols 48 38742 5)
 (strings 32 196018 41597)
 (string-bytes 1 5867596)
 (vectors 16 80365)
 (vector-slots 8 1723339 299596)
 (floats 8 1728 647)
 (intervals 56 5227 1251)
 (buffers 992 152))
<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

-- 
Thierry