Subject: bug#55555: closed (Re: bug#55555: 28.1; Tramp prompting for password even with an existing .authinfo.gpg file)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 16:34:01 +0000

Your bug report

#55555: 28.1; Tramp prompting for password even with an existing .authinfo.gpg file

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
55555: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=55555
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#55555: 28.1; Tramp prompting for password even with an existing .authinfo.gpg file
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 18:32:57 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Thierry,

> I can't reproduce the crash anymore, don't know what I did yesterday to
> crash emacs, will let you know if it happen again.

Yes, pls do. Perhaps it would be worth a new bug report then.

Closing *this* bug.

> Thanks.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 28.1; Tramp prompting for password even with an existing .authinfo.gpg file
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 07:31:29 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is not happening up to Emacs-28.1, this starts happening recently
from emacs-29+.
It asks also to save password in authinfo file when entering password.
Really annoying.
Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, Motif Version 2.3.8, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-04-20 built on IPad-S340
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: Linux Mint 20.3

Configured using:
 'configure CFLAGS=-O8 --with-mailutils --with-cairo --without-dbus
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings --with-x-toolkit=motif'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE
XIM XPM MOTIF ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell-script

Minor modes in effect:
  sh-electric-here-document-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  psession-savehist-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  git-gutter-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  helm-epa-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
  helm-ff-icon-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-popup-tip-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow epa-mail face-remap emacsbug helm-command addressbook-bookmark
mu4e-config org-mu4e mu4e-contrib mu4e-patch mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-view
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win mu4e-main mu4e-headers
mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions smtpmail sendmail mu4e-search
mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark mu4e-message shr kinsoku svg
flow-fill hl-line mu4e-contacts mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-server
mu4e-context mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers ido mu4e-meta image-file
image-converter tramp-cache epa-file char-fold tramp-archive tramp-gvfs
dbus make-mode markdown-mode flymake-proc flymake project warnings
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs vc-filewise vc-rcs conf-mode ledger-config ledger-mode
ledger-check ledger-texi ledger-test ledger-sort ledger-report
ledger-reconcile ledger-occur ledger-fonts ledger-fontify ledger-state
ledger-complete ledger-schedule ledger-init ledger-xact ledger-post
ledger-exec ledger-navigate eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc
esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util ledger-context
ledger-commodities ledger-regex jka-compr bug-reference sh-script smie
executable naquadah-theme solar cal-dst holidays hol-loaddefs tv-utils
osm dom yaml-mode undo-tree diff queue rainbow-mode color psession
frameset log-view pcvs-util pcmpl-git cl-indent ffap thingatpt
autocrypt-message message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
autocrypt-gnus gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047
rfc2045 mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr autocrypt-mu4e autocrypt
ietf-drums config-w3m git-gutter mule-util appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
gud pcomplete-extension pcmpl-unix pcmpl-gnu iterator pcase wdired
dired-extension org-config ob-gnuplot org-crypt net-utils time winner
autotest-mode autoconf-mode woman man ediff ediff-merg ediff-mult
ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util init-helm
helm-ls-git vc-git diff-mode vc vc-dispatcher helm-fd epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config helm-epa helm-imenu imenu helm-elisp-package
helm-find helm-org org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex ol rx org-keys oc org-compat
advice org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
helm-external isearch-light helm-descbinds helm-wikipedia all-the-icons
all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons data-octicons
data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons cus-edit wid-edit
helm-ipython helm-elisp helm-eval edebug backtrace find-func python
tramp-sh helm-bookmark helm-net xml helm-info bookmark pp helm-adaptive
helm-mode helm-misc helm-files image-dired image-mode exif filenotify
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat
shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp helm-buffers
helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate helm-grep wgrep-helm wgrep grep compile
text-property-search comint ansi-color ring helm-regexp format-spec
helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm-extensions-autoloads helm-config
helm-autoloads helm helm-core async-bytecomp helm-global-bindings
helm-easymenu helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib dired-async
dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs async popup diminish cl-extra help-mode
mb-depth server edmacro kmacro avoid cus-load use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core info w3m-load
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
font-render-setting cairo motif x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 577245 218966)
 (symbols 48 38742 5)
 (strings 32 196018 41597)
 (string-bytes 1 5867596)
 (vectors 16 80365)
 (vector-slots 8 1723339 299596)
 (floats 8 1728 647)
 (intervals 56 5227 1251)
 (buffers 992 152))
<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

-- 
Thierry