Subject: Re: [bug#55546] [PATCH 0/1] gnu: Add cl-clog

From: Aurora <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 16:16:19 -0400

Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Aurora,
>
> I see you nearly packed cl-clog in March and was stopped by jQuery as
> well https://issues.guix.gnu.org/54268.
> It's seam to me that my patch was accepted by chance, it needs to be
> reverted due to the same reason as yours.

That is correct, indeed. And that is unfortunately what I expected.

> jQuery is a huge JavaScript package nearly non of it's part is packed
> in Guix yet. I would be nice have it on board but not in
> a nearly future, but I can schedule it on my backing list
> https://git.sr.ht/~hellseher/ffab/tree/main/item/TODO

That however would be very nice indeed. In mid-longterm we really do
want jQuery & Bootstrap in Guix, if only because of the sheer number of
projects that depend on them in some way or another.

Unfortunately they also themselves have quite a hefty dependency list.

In any case, thanks for work and for your response.

- Aurora