Subject: Re: bug#55539: 28.1; Support for the Kharoṣṭhī Script

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 12:14:11 +0300

> From: Stefan Baums <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2022 19:18:23 +0200
> 
> Okay, here you go: a patch for misc-lang.el and the separate quail
> file kharoshthi.el.

Thanks.  I installed these changes, with the following modifications:

 . I added the input method to quail/misc-lang.el, not as a separate
   file
 . I named the language environment "Kharoshthi", to avoid non-ASCII
   characters, as all the other environments have ASCII names
 . I added the greeting to HELLO
 . I added a NEWS entry

I also modified the name of the script as written in itself (in HELLO
and in sample-text attribute of the language environment) to follow
the Wikipedia article here:

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kharosthi

In your patch, one character was missing.  Let me know if Wikipedia is
wrong and this needs to be changed back.

One last comment: please in the future submit patches in the form
produced by "git format-patch", as that makes it much easier to
apply.  Also, we request that each change be accompanied by a suitable
commit log message in the style used for ChangeLog files; see
CONTRIBUTE for the details.