Subject: bug#55539: 28.1; Support for the Kharoṣṭhī Script

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 07:59:46 +0300

> From: Stefan Baums <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 20:42:52 +0200
> 
> > I have plans to include more input methods there, such as,
> > Avestan, Gothic, Shavian, Desert, Imperial Aramaic etc.
> 
> How exciting. Thank you! But would they not still be more findable
> of each had their own file, or is it a consideration that the
> number of filed in the folder should not multiply too much?

I don't think discoverability is an issue, because users don't
discover input methods and language environments by searching files,
they discover them by using the Emacs completion and Help facilities.
For example, "C-u C-\ ?" will show the full list of supported input
methods, regardless of which files they live in.

So we prefer not to have too many small files for the reasons of
imposing a better organization on our sources.