Subject: Re: bug#55539: 28.1; Support for the Kharoṣṭhī Script

From: Stefan Baums <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2022 18:55:47 +0200

Dear Eli,

> Would you mind to post an up-to-date patch, incorporating all
> the comments and discussions we had, relative to the current
> development sources?

before I do this, one question. You asked me to put the non-input
part of the code in “lisp/language/misc.el” rather than its own
file. You probably meant lisp/language/misc-lang.el. Looking at
that file, however, it says

   ;; Copyright (C) 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004,
   ;;   2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
   ;;   National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
   ;;   Registration Number H14PRO021

but the copyright assignment of my code is to the FSF, not AIST.
What to do? Put it in a separate file with FSF copyright notice
after all?

All best,
Stefan