Subject: Re: bug#5552: 23.1; desktop seems not quite to understand session management

From: "Jan D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 08:48:03 +0100

Chong Yidong wrote:
> There was a related thread about this a year ago, regarding how Emacs
> responds to SIGTERM by calling shut_down_emacs rather than kill-emacs:
>
>   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-01/msg00530.html
>
> The thread did not have a clear conclusion, but I'm in favor of changing
> things to run kill-emacs in such situations.  But I think this is best
> done after the release, unless someone can come up with a very
> convincing argument otherwise.
>   
Then we need to add some parameter or other mean to tell functions in 
kill-emacs-hook that is it not OK to interact with the user. This is the 
case if the X server closes connection in case of a logout.  Desktop.el 
might in some situations try to ask the user if a desktop file shall be 
used.

    Jan D.