Subject: Re: bug#55514: 29.0.50; Keyboard macros and visual-line-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 10:22:15 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 09:14:23 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > No, you need just turn off line-move-visual in that hook, then C-n
> > will follow physical lines instead of visual lines, which is AFAIU
> > what you wanted.
> 
> I don't understand what you mean here.  Of course `C-n' will move
> logically when you switch line-move-visual off.  But when you switch it
> back on again after recording the macro, `C-x e' will move visually
> again, which is what you don't want.

Then maybe I didn't understand the original report.  I thought you
wanted a way to make sure the macro runs with C-n/C-p working by
physical lines?