Subject: bug#55512: closed (Re: [email-masked] is unable to use p2pool miner due to it's binaries instalaltion to read-only filesystem)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 15:56:03 +0000

Your bug report

#55512: [email-masked] is unable to use p2pool miner due to it's binaries instalaltion to read-only filesystem

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
55512: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=55512
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [email-masked] is unable to use p2pool miner due to it's binaries instalaltion to read-only filesystem
From: Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 15:49:54 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I fixed the path to the p2pool binary in commit
eecb5efad92b8f7cb5bbea0be66c4707a749512c.
I checked that p2pool starts when clicking the "Start Mining" button,
but I have not tested if all its functionalities are working correctly.
Please open a new bug report if you find issues.

Subject: [email-masked] is unable to use p2pool miner due to it's binaries instalaltion to read-only filesystem
From: Jacob Hrbek <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 22:11:37 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

it's trying to use the read-only filesystem and failing as a result of 
it (should probably use the `~/.guix-profile/bin/p2pool`):

Steps to reproduce:
1. Invoke `guix shell [email-masked] -- monero-wallet-gui`
2. Create a new wallet (user-friendly GUI)
3. Set the wallet to use a local node and wait for it to compute the 
blockchain until fully synced (Settings->Node->Local node and Start the 
daemon)
  * Optionally consider adding `--prune-blockchain` for daemon startup 
flags for significantly reduced blockchain (~40 GB) to avoid computing 
the ~120 GB node or using Bootstrap Address to download the blockchain 
already computed
4. Try to launch the miner using p2pool pool and expect failure above 
(Advanced->Mining->Mining mode=P2Pool and Start mining)

-- 
-- Jacob Hrbek #StandWithUkraine