Subject: bug#55511: 13.1.3; TeX-auto-store issues with complex paths

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 21:44:46 +0900

Hi Cyril,

>>>>> Cyril Arnould <[email-masked]> writes:
> The problems start when the \input{} and \include{} commands are more
> complex. In the following examples, preamble2.el to preamble5.el are not
> run because the files are not found at the paths specified in the
> master.el file.:

Thanks for your report. I think the issue should be fixed on AUCTeX
side. I began to work on this, but haven't managed to address it yet due
to some gotcha, the reason of which I haven't figured out yet. Please be
patient.

> Another issue is that if several files are included that have the same
> name but are in different subfolders, the generated .el files will end
> up overwriting each other, so the symbol list of only one of the .tex
> files will be available. Granted, this is probably quite the edge case
> but it would be nice to solve nonetheless.

I'm not sure whether there is smart solution for this matter.

> Somewhat related to this topic but not really a bug, more of a feature
> request: it would be nice if files added via \import{}{} and
> \subimport{}{} commands from the import package were added as well
> when parsing.

I expect this would be addressed once the main bug is resolved.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine