Subject: bug#55511: 13.1.3; TeX-auto-store issues with complex paths

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 13:35:31 +0200

Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Is it important for the user to have control over this? The only
>> reason I can think of for keeping support for one auto folder in the
>> master location would be backwards compatibility with old auto
>> folders.
>
> We can't tell each user's preference. :-) So I think conservative
> approach would be better.

I've lost track in this discussion but is the plan to have many auto/
directories in the directories where the included tex files reside or do
you want to resemble the path to included files below the single auto/
directory next to the master document?

If it's the former, there could be the possibility that the current user
has no write permissions everywhere.  It could also be annoying in cases
where the included files reside on a network share or a VCS checkout
which will become dirty due to AUCTeX writing there.

Bye,
Tassilo