Subject: bug#55511: AW: bug#55511: 13.1.3; TeX-auto-store issues with complex paths

From: Cyril Arnould <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 16:28:22 +0000

Thanks, the patch seems to work! To be clear, all the .el files are
still placed  in the TeX-master's auto directory, so .tex files with the
same name in different folders still end up overwriting each other's .el
file. I'm guessing that was also your intention. For my workflow that's
not an issue though.

I didn't really manage to install AUCTeX from the git repo though. My
emacs installation comes from MSYS2
(https://packages.msys2.org/package/mingw-w64-x86_64-emacs) and when I
tried to run the ./configure script in the MINGW64 environment, it
failed because of some sed error. Running it from the MSYS environment
instead seemed to have worked, it installed the package to
C:\msys64\mingw64\share\emacs\site-lisp. So I removed my old AUCTeX
package from the .emacs.d folder, but for some reason my .emacs file
kept reinstalling it from ELPA even though the site-lisp folder is part
of the load-path... I load it via use-package:

;; AUCTeX
(use-package latex
  :ensure auctex)

Anyway, long story short, I applied the patch to my working copy, then
simply overwrote the tex.el and latex.el in my .emacs.d/elpa
folder. That means the rest of the AUCTeX files were not up to date with
the master branch but it worked nonetheless.