Subject: bug#55504: closed (Re: bug#55504: Test suite of emacs-deferred does not progress)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 06:56:02 +0000

Your bug report

#55504: Test suite of emacs-deferred does not progress

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
55504: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=55504
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#55504: Test suite of emacs-deferred does not progress
From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
To: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>, Ludovic Courtès<[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], "Jorge P. de Morais Neto" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 08:55:43 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Am Mittwoch, dem 25.05.2022 um 19:09 +0200 schrieb Giovanni Biscuolo:
> I'm not able to find what's the call with the wrong number of
> arguments but what about to (temporary) disable the failing tests
> like for example in 0ae9e75c31b22ea55093f4cd05954f366b1f8bcc (emacs-
> eply)?
That's unlikely to work as it'll just bring dependent packages to hang.
Anyway, I fixed the actual bug, so it's no longer necessary to debate
workarounds.

Cheers

Subject: Test suite of emacs-deferred does not progress
From: "Jorge P. de Morais Neto" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 13:19:52 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi.  Since Sunday, when Emacs 28.1 finally arrived on Guix, I cannot
install emacs-deferred (I had to uninstall it so the system would
upgrade).  The build process reaches the 'check' phase but does not
progress (last time I waited more than 1½ h):

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix install emacs-deferred
The following package will be installed:
   emacs-deferred 0.5.1

substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
The following derivation will be built:
  /gnu/store/7rbhrk48qvqhgix5c33yh9m3nq5crzny-emacs-deferred-0.5.1.drv

building /gnu/store/7rbhrk48qvqhgix5c33yh9m3nq5crzny-emacs-deferred-0.5.1.drv...
/ 'check' phase
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The log file [1] is empty.

  1: /var/log/guix/drvs/7r/bhrk48qvqhgix5c33yh9m3nq5crzny-emacs-deferred-0.5.1.drv.gz

The reason I want emacs-deferred is that it is an indirect (through
emacs-request) dependency of emacs-md4rd.

Regards

-- 
- Many people hate injustice but few check the facts; this causes more
  injustice.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>
- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback.
- https://www.defectivebydesign.org
- https://www.gnu.org