Subject: bug#55497: 29.0.50; Emacs Windows unidentified in Wayland (correct bug-report)

From: Julien Cubizolles <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 14:45:27 +0200

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Julien Cubizolles <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> After a recent upgrade of my Ubuntu distrib (22.04) the emacs windows
>> are unnamed in Wayland and as such don't get an icon. In Gnome-shell,
>> they show up in looking-glass as "<untracked>".
>
> Thanks.  Does anything in your setup change the `icon-name' or
> `icon-type' frame parameters?

Nothing in Emacs variables (I'm testing with emacs -Q).

I just realized that something wasn't clear in my bug-report. The frame
does have a name, that can be changed with emacs -Q -T "Hello" for
instance. This name is displayed by the windows manager when
browsing through all open windows with Alt-Tab.

However its icon is the generic one used for unidentified applications,
even though there is a desktop file for Emacs windows which is used when
running older versions of Emacs.

-- 
Julien Cubizolles