Subject: bug#55480: closed (Re: bug#55480: Search sort order)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 12:23:02 +0000

Your bug report

#55480: Search sort order

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
55480: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=55480
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#55480: Search sort order
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Greg Hogan <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 14:22:19 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Greg,

Greg Hogan <[email-masked]> skribis:

> 'guix search' should sort by score, name, and version so that, for
> example, 'guix search llvm' returns [email-masked] before [email-masked].
> Currently the versions are sorted lexicographically rather than by
> numerical value.

Done in 4e13ee4b573f1829fbf41147febac9ca8b919034, thanks.

Ludo’.

Subject: Search sort order
From: Greg Hogan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 09:19:09 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

'guix search' should sort by score, name, and version so that, for
example, 'guix search llvm' returns [email-masked] before [email-masked].
Currently the versions are sorted lexicographically rather than by
numerical value.

Greg