Subject: bug#55462: closed (Re: bug#55479: emacs-libgit test suite fails)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 04:04:03 +0000

Your bug report

#55479: emacs-libgit tests fail

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
55479: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=55479
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#55479: emacs-libgit test suite fails
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 00:02:50 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> merge 55479 55427
> thanks
>
> Whoever solves this issue can close 5 bugs at once :)

Looks like you did it in 665dd8211cb5c7556f0fb83944d33215accf957a :-).

Thanks!

Closing.

Maxim

Subject: emacs-libgit tests fail
From: Jack Hill <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 15:40:34 -0400 (EDT)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix,

With Guix 76cc5b9e806635cfb94a2c1101ffe6500eab6976 the emacs-libgit tests 
fail as follows:

```
Test project /tmp/guix-build-emacs-libgit-20200515-1.0ef8b13.drv-0/build
       Start  1: libegit2_annotated-commit
  1/29 Test  #1: libegit2_annotated-commit ........   Passed    0.31 sec
       Start  2: libegit2_blame
  2/29 Test  #2: libegit2_blame ...................   Passed    0.34 sec
       Start  3: libegit2_blob
  3/29 Test  #3: libegit2_blob ....................***Failed    0.35 sec
Running 4 tests (2022-05-15 11:48:12+0000, selector ?t?)
Test blob-binary backtrace:
   signal(wrong-type-argument (utf-8-string-p "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\
   apply(signal (wrong-type-argument (utf-8-string-p "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0
   (setq value-42 (apply fn-40 args-41))
   (unwind-protect (setq value-42 (apply fn-40 args-41)) (setq form-des
   (if (unwind-protect (setq value-42 (apply fn-40 args-41)) (setq form
   (let (form-description-44) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-42 (apply
   (let ((value-42 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-43)) (let (form-descrip
   (let* ((fn-40 #'string=) (args-41 (condition-case err (let ((signal-
   (let* ((repo (libgit-repository-open path)) (blob (libgit-revparse-s
   (let ((default-directory path)) (init) (commit-change "filename" str
   (progn (make-directory path 'parents) (let ((default-directory path)
   (unwind-protect (progn (make-directory path 'parents) (let ((default
   (let ((path "/tmp/guix-build-emacs-libgit-20200515-1.0ef8b13.dr...")
   (let* ((str (unibyte-string 127 69 76 70 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0
   (let ((lexical-binding nil)) (let* ((str (unibyte-string 127 69 76 7
   (lambda nil (let ((lexical-binding nil)) (let* ((str (unibyte-string
   ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
   ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name blob-binary :documentation nil :body
   ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector t :tests [#s(ert-test
   ert-run-tests(t #f(compiled-function (event-type &rest event-args) #
   ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
   ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit()
   command-line-1(("-L" "/tmp/guix-build-emacs-libgit-20200515-1.0ef8b1
   command-line()
   normal-top-level()
Test blob-binary condition:
     (wrong-type-argument utf-8-string-p "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0>\0\1\0\0\0\260\7\0\0\0\0\0\0@\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\270\33\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0@\08\0\11\0@\0\35\0\34\0\6\0\0\0\5\0\0\0@\0\0\0\0\0\0\0")
    FAILED  1/4  blob-binary (0.024184 sec)
    passed  2/4  blob-create-fromdisk (0.012522 sec)
    passed  3/4  blob-create-fromstring (0.011408 sec)
    passed  4/4  blob-text (0.022810 sec)

Ran 4 tests, 3 results as expected, 1 unexpected (2022-05-15 11:48:12+0000, 0.230686 sec)

1 unexpected results:
    FAILED  blob-binary
```

Best,
Jack