Subject: bug#55427: closed (Re: bug#55479: emacs-libgit test suite fails)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 04:04:03 +0000

Your bug report

#55479: emacs-libgit tests are broken

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
55479: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=55479
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#55479: emacs-libgit test suite fails
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 00:02:50 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> merge 55479 55427
> thanks
>
> Whoever solves this issue can close 5 bugs at once :)

Looks like you did it in 665dd8211cb5c7556f0fb83944d33215accf957a :-).

Thanks!

Closing.

Maxim

Subject: emacs-libgit tests are broken
From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 13:19:01 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

With the update to Emacs 28, emacs-libgit (a requirement for emacs-
magit) fails to build with the following test error:

Test project /tmp/guix-build-emacs-libgit-20200515-1.0ef8b13.drv-
0/build
      Start  1: libegit2_annotated-commit
 1/29 Test  #1: libegit2_annotated-commit ........   Passed    0.38 sec
      Start  2: libegit2_blame
 2/29 Test  #2: libegit2_blame ...................   Passed    0.39 sec
      Start  3: libegit2_blob
 3/29 Test  #3: libegit2_blob ....................***Failed    0.43 sec
Running 4 tests (2022-05-15 07:25:56+0000, selector ‘t’)
Test blob-binary backtrace:
  signal(wrong-type-argument (utf-8-string-p "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\
  apply(signal (wrong-type-argument (utf-8-string-p "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0
  (setq value-42 (apply fn-40 args-41))
  (unwind-protect (setq value-42 (apply fn-40 args-41)) (setq form-des
  (if (unwind-protect (setq value-42 (apply fn-40 args-41)) (setq form
  (let (form-description-44) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-42 (apply
  (let ((value-42 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-43)) (let (form-descrip
  (let* ((fn-40 #'string=) (args-41 (condition-case err (let ((signal-
  (let* ((repo (libgit-repository-open path)) (blob (libgit-revparse-s
  (let ((default-directory path)) (init) (commit-change "filename" str
  (progn (make-directory path 'parents) (let ((default-directory path)
  (unwind-protect (progn (make-directory path 'parents) (let ((default
  (let ((path "/tmp/guix-build-emacs-libgit-20200515-1.0ef8b13.dr...")
  (let* ((str (unibyte-string 127 69 76 70 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0
  (let ((lexical-binding nil)) (let* ((str (unibyte-string 127 69 76 7
  (lambda nil (let ((lexical-binding nil)) (let* ((str (unibyte-string
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name blob-binary :documentation nil :body 
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector t :tests [#s(ert-test 
  ert-run-tests(t #f(compiled-function (event-type &rest event-args) #
  ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit()
  command-line-1(("-L" "/tmp/guix-build-emacs-libgit-20200515-1.0ef8b1
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test blob-binary condition:
    (wrong-type-argument utf-8-string-p
"\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0>\0\1\0\0\0\260\7\0\0\0\0\0\0@\0\0\
0\0\0\0\0\270\33\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0@\08\0\11\0@\0\35\0\34\0\6\0\0\0\5\
0\0\0@\0\0\0\0\0\0\0")
   FAILED  1/4  blob-binary (0.041795 sec)
   passed  2/4  blob-create-fromdisk (0.023014 sec)
   passed  3/4  blob-create-fromstring (0.022546 sec)
   passed  4/4  blob-text (0.044085 sec)

Ran 4 tests, 3 results as expected, 1 unexpected (2022-05-15
07:25:56+0000, 0.301178 sec)

1 unexpected results:
   FAILED  blob-binary
[...]

I have no idea what causes it or where utf-8-string-p even comes from,
but the implementation of string= appears to have changed.  When
running the build locally another test also appears flaky due to weird
time stamp conversions.

Cheers