Subject: bug#55477: 29.0.50; flymake-goto-next-eror shows terminal like color codes in mini buffer

From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 15:03:10 +0530

I have an elisp buffer with some flymake errors. When I call
"flymake-goto-next-error" the point moves to the error location and
displays the error in minibuffer like this,

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
‘replace-string’ is for interactive use only; use ‘search-forward’ and ‘replace-match’ instead.
user-error: Minibuffer window is not active
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I think this is printing the string properties also from the buffer.

Tried it with "emacs -Q" also. Same issue.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-05-17 built on anant
Repository revision: e52159d0dc45bf0a7f363c8a4cf2a490094e970b
Repository branch: master
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/pankaj/.local --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_IN
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20220514.945/transient hides /home/pankaj/.local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow flyspell ispell emacsbug misearch multi-isearch s ediff
ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util let-alist ido shortdoc flow-fill erc-list erc-menu erc-join
erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button
erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-loaddefs
newst-plainview newst-ticker cl-print debug backtrace url-http url-gw
url-auth newst-treeview tree-widget newst-reader newst-backend gnus-html
help-fns url-cache shr-color sort smiley gnus-cite qp mm-archive
mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable
textsec-check gnus-bcklg gnus-async gnus-ml nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnml
nnfolder bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-com epa-file network-stream nsm
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp
gnus-cache .gnus autoload radix-tree gnus-dired diary-lib diary-loaddefs
rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode facemenu nxml-util nxml-enc
xmltok sql view yaml-mode linum prettier-js js markdown-mode conf-mode
bug-reference ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc
ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime
gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file url-dired svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win gnus nnheader range ol-docview doc-view image-mode exif
ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi mule-util jka-compr vc-git
checkdoc company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb company flymake-proc flymake
display-line-numbers elec-pair editorconfig-core
editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch init my-init org-element
avl-tree generator org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-plantuml ob-sql
ob-css ob-js ob-java ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-python python ob-R ob
ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp ob-comint ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex ol org-keys oc org-compat
advice org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs warnings
sesman vc vc-dispatcher clojure-mode lisp-mnt align thingatpt
editorconfig tree-sitter-langs tree-sitter-langs-build tar-mode arc-mode
archive-mode tree-sitter-hl tree-sitter tree-sitter-load tree-sitter-cli
tsc tsc-dyn tsc-dyn-get dired-aux tsc-obsolete gtags-mode xref project
which-key vterm magit-bookmark bookmark tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration cus-edit pp wid-edit files-x tramp-compat parse-time
iso8601 ls-lisp face-remap compile color term disp-table ehelp find-func
vterm-module term/xterm xterm magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode diff
diff-mode git-commit rx log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process with-editor shell pcomplete comint ring server ansi-color
magit-mode transient magit-git magit-base magit-section format-spec crm
dash compat-27 compat-26 compat exec-path-from-shell bbdb-message
message sendmail yank-media rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader bbdb bbdb-site timezone edmacro kmacro
modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes pcase delight cl-extra help-mode
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core hl-line
savehist desktop frameset avoid cus-load finder-inf tex-site info
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib early-init iso-transl tooltip
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice simple cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2671984 250451)
 (symbols 48 59194 16)
 (strings 32 392630 43881)
 (string-bytes 1 15225822)
 (vectors 16 158134)
 (vector-slots 8 2743021 206641)
 (floats 8 754 607)
 (intervals 56 190877 1467)
 (buffers 992 132))