Subject: Re: bug#55470: [PATCH] Add package-delete-regexp

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 19:48:53 +0200

"Marwan L." <[email-masked]> writes:

> This function allows you to delete packages, with names that match the
> regexp. This is makes operations like deleting multiple packages that
> begin with the same namespace (^company.*, ^treemacs.*, etc.) much
> easier to do
>
> The function will also tell you how much packages it will delete (in a
> temporary buffer) and prompt for a Yes or No answer

Thanks; makes sense to me.  The patch is longer than the limit for
"trivial" changes, so we'd need for the copyright to be assigned to the
FSF before accepting it.  Would you be willing to sign such paperwork?

If so, below is the form to get started:

Please email the following information to [email-masked], and we
will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.

Please use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as the subject
line of the message.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
REQUEST: SEND FORM FOR PAST AND FUTURE CHANGES

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]
Emacs

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your postal address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]