Subject: [PATCH 0/5] Update profanity and libstrophe

From: Jack Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 17:43:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Guix,

This patch series updates the console XMPP client profanity and XMPP 
library libstrophe to their latest versions. I tested by building on 
x86_64 Linux and used the new profanity to read some XMPP conversations.

Some things to note:

This version of profanity uses libstrophe instead of profanity's fork of
libstrophe, libmesode. There are no other uses of libmesode, so I've 
removed that package.

The URL of profanity's tarballs has changed, so I updated the source 
record. However, unfortunately, `guix refresh` is now no longer able to 
check for updates. Using tarballs for profanity (as opposed to git 
checkouts) is nice because profanity publishes checksums on their website.

Profanity could use gtk+-3 instead of gtk+-2, but since profanity might be 
used places were the rust dependency of gtk+-3 is not appropriate, I've 
left it at version 2 for now.

Best,
Jack

---
Jack Hill (5):
   gnu: libstrophe: Update to 0.12.0.
   gnu: libstrophe: Improve package definition.
   gnu: profanity: Update to 0.12.1.
   gnu: libmesode: Remove package.
   gnu: profanity: Remove input labels.

  gnu/packages/messaging.scm | 91 +++++++++++++-------------------------
  1 file changed, 31 insertions(+), 60 deletions(-)

-- 
2.36.0