Subject: 29.0.50; Org-mode to info export error

From: Петров Андрей <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 08:44:27 +0000

Hello, Team!

Please take a look at the following scenario:

1. Start `emacs -Q`, enable entering debugger on error
2. Create empty "1.org" file
    C-x b 1.org [RET]
    M-x org-mode [RET]
    C-x w 1.org [RET]
3. Export it to info file (directly, not through creating texinfo file)
    C-c C-e i i

Result:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp 1000000000)
  seq-subseq((1652689971098490901 . 1000000000) 0 2)
  cl-subseq((1652689971098490901 . 1000000000) 0 2)
  org-file-newer-than-p("/home/andrey/1.info" (1652689970960239177 . 1000000000))
  org-compile-file("1.texi" ("makeinfo --no-split %f") "info" "See \"*Org INFO Texinfo Output*\" for details" #<buffer *Org INFO Texinfo Output*>)
  org-texinfo-compile("1.texi")
  org-export-to-file(texinfo "1.texi" nil nil nil nil nil org-texinfo-compile)
  org-texinfo-export-to-info(nil nil nil nil)
  org-export-dispatch(nil)
  funcall-interactively(org-export-dispatch nil)
  call-interactively(org-export-dispatch nil nil)
  command-execute(org-export-dispatch)

It seems that time format changes are not reflected in exporting code.

Please also try the following:

1. Create org-mode buffer not bound to any file
   C-x b 2.org [RET]
   M-x org-mode [RET]
2. Try exporting it inot info (the same way as above)
   C-c C-e i i

Results:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "File \"/home/andrey/5/bug/4528/1.info\" wasn’t produ...")
  signal(error ("File \"/home/andrey/5/bug/4528/1.info\" wasn’t produ..."))
  error("File \"/home/andrey/5/bug/4528/1.info\" wasn't produ...")
  org-compile-file("~/5/bug/4528/1.texi" ("makeinfo --no-split %f") "info" "See \"*Org INFO Texinfo Output*\" for details" #<buffer *Org INFO Texinfo Output*>)
  org-texinfo-compile("~/5/bug/4528/1.texi")
  org-export-to-file(texinfo "~/5/bug/4528/1.texi" nil nil nil nil nil org-texinfo-compile)
  org-texinfo-export-to-info(nil nil nil nil)
  org-export-dispatch(nil)
  funcall-interactively(org-export-dispatch nil)
  call-interactively(org-export-dispatch nil nil)
  command-execute(org-export-dispatch)

And "*Org INFO Texinfo Output*" buffer contains:

unable to open ~/5/bug/4528/1.texi: No such file or directory