Subject: Re: bug#55441: [cuirass] hang in "In progress..."; runs out of pgsql connections

From: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 16:02:33 +0200

Hello Maxime,

Thanks for your review.  I took your comments into account and actually
wrote some more patches to clean up start_child of potential thread
unsafe practices.  Since these are not guix-specific, I sent the whole
patchset to guile-devel instead [1].

Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:
> The process opening code looks fragile, so I think some tests are
> required to avoid causing regressions later.

How would you suggest we do that?  Since these are mostly racing issues
between threads, I don't know how we could reproduce these reliably in
tests.

[1] v4 PATCH at
   https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52835
   ([email-masked])

Best,
-- 
Josselin Poiret