Subject: Re: bug#55441: [cuirass] hang in "In progress..."; runs out of pgsql connections

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 14:19:51 +0200

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I’ve added a missing call to ‘close-inferior’.  It’s a good idea, though
> I’m not entirely convinced yet it’ll solve the problem:
>
>   https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-cuirass.git/commit/?id=f087aaf685dbc7cc18f0254895f4a4b0dfaba631

I tested it like this and it ran to completion without hanging:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
ludo@berlin ~$ guix build cuirass --with-branch=cuirass=master
[…]
/gnu/store/sqsf2q3qf9d485mcw6lm14abwr54na01-cuirass-git.master
ludo@berlin ~$  sudo su - cuirass -s /bin/sh -c "/gnu/store/sqsf2q3qf9d485mcw6lm14abwr54na01-cuirass-git.master/bin/cuirass evaluate dbname=cuirass 323183"
Password:
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... \
2022-05-16T12:39:18 Registering builds for evaluation 323183.
2022-05-16T12:40:34 Registering builds for evaluation 323183.
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 14385152):
        May lead to memory leak and poor performance
2022-05-16T12:41:25 Registering builds for evaluation 323183.
2022-05-16T12:44:35 Registering builds for evaluation 323183.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Should we try and deploy this commit on berlin?

Maxim, how can we proceed?

Ludo’.