Subject: Re: bug#55439: [PATCH] Add support for the Modi script

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 19:12:58 +0530

[செவ்வாய் மே 17, 2022] Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 15:27:40 +0530
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
>> 
>>  While we are it, should we change all instances of "Oriya" in Emacs to
>>  "Odiya"?
>> 
>> Yes I was also thinking about it. Oriya was officially renamed to Odia back in 2011.
>> What do you say Eli?
>
> Where can I see that official renaming announcement?

I don't know where to find the official renaming announcement but I can
send you a newspaper article on the name change and the official site of
the Odisha government (the Indian state where Odia is spoken
predominantly).

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Orissas-new-name-is-Odisha/articleshow/7780712.cms

Odisha govt page: https://odisha.gov.in/

[ FWIW, Odia is the actual pronunciation of the language, Oriya is the
  anglicised one (Tamil is also a pretty awful anglicisation of the actual
  language name).  ]