Subject: Re: bug#55437: [PATCH] gnu: clamav: Update to 0.103.6 [fixes CVE-2022-{20803,20770,20796,20771,20785,20792}].

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 00:37:01 -0400

Hi,

[email-masked] writes:

> This patch updates clamav to the latest LTS version.
> Per the release notes [1], a future update of clamav to 0.105+ will take some effort:
>
> 1. 0.105+ needs Rust 1.57+ to build.
> 2. The build should switch from tarball to git to avoid vendored crates.
> 3. 0.105+ works with llvm 8-12 (no more llvm 3.7).
>
> I suggest we keep clamav on the LTS version until we update Rust.

Sounds like a fine plan.

> PS: As you can see from the email address, I am migrating from Tutanota to Disroot.
>
> [1] https://blog.clamav.net/2022/05/clamav-01050-01043-01036-released.html#more

I see the following guix lint warnings:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[email-masked]: label 'libcurl' does not match package name 'curl'
[email-masked]: label 'libjson' does not match package name 'json-c'
[email-masked]: label 'openssl' does not match package name 'libressl'
[email-masked]: label 'sasl' does not match package name 'cyrus-sasl'
[email-masked]: label 'xml' does not match package name 'libxml2'
[email-masked]: updater 'generic-html' failed to find upstream releases
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I'm not sure about the last one, but the other ones could be fixed
simply by updating to the new style (list input1 input2 ...) instead of
`(("input1" ,input1) ("input2" ,input2) ...).

Would you mind updating the patch with such changes?

Thanks!

Maxim